European Union Twinning Project: “Support to the reform of the statistic system in BiH”
TITLE: Project Assistant
EXPECTED START DATE/TIME: January 2017
DURATION: 2 years
LOCATION: Sarajevo (some travels per year to Banja Luka are expected)
JOB DESCRIPTION: The EU Twinning project is funded by the European Union with Statistics Denmark as the contracting partner. The purpose of the project is to strengthening the statistical system of BiH by improving and developing institutional capacities in economic and business statistics. The beneficiary institutions are the Agency for Statistics of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Institute for Statistics of Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Institute for Statistics of Republika Srpska as well as Central Bank of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The main duties include:
- Assist the Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA) in the co-ordination and liaison with the statistics institutions, the Delegation of the European Union, partners, stakeholders and experts from EU Member States
- Organize the logistics of the technical assistance activities to support EU short-term experts’ missions in BiH
- Assist with project office management issues (i.e. monitoring and reporting, evaluation of the project’s progress)
- Provide administrative support compliant with EU Twinning rules
- Perform interpretation and translation from Bosnian to English and vice versa as needed
- Maintain documentation, information and filing system
The job is full time.
- University degree, preferably in Social Sciences or English;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as project assistant in international projects
- Working experience in EU-funded projects;
- Experience with interpretation and translation;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet;
- Excellent spoken and written language skills in English and Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian
- Good organizational skills
- Appropriate inter-personal skills and ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work individually as well as in teams
- Ability to keep calm in busy periods
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
The project assistant will be self-employed and will undertake full responsibility for the payment of all taxes and obligations deriving from the legislation in force, including for those related to medical and social insurance.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Please send an application and CV in English to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Statistics Denmark and its international work: http://dst.dk/en/consulting
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4 October 2017 (Interviews are expected in Sarajevo 12 October 2017)
Full ToR: Advertisement-RTAAssistantBiH